Are you thinking of moving to a new house? It takes a lot of time and effort to move from one home to another. One of the most difficult parts of relocating is planning the relocation of all the clothing in your closets and drawers.
Of course, while relocating, the most important considerations are how to pack clothes so they don’t wrinkle, how to keep them clean, and how to properly organise them. This may be such a bother for some people that they choose to work with a Movers Guelph company.
There are ways to bring your clothing, though, if you’re willing to put in the time and effort. Here are some ideas and advice to help you pack your clothes as efficiently as possible for your relocation.
1. Select what to keep
Sort the goods in your closet first after removing everything. Sort everything into piles with “keep,” “gift,” and “sell” written on them. If they fit, are in decent condition, or have sentimental value to you, just the things you’ve worn recently should be kept.
Donate nicely used clothing to a charity if you don’t want to retain it. Finally, make the most of the opportunity to sell items from your well-organised closet that are no longer in style, brand-new, or in high demand. You have the option of selling your products online or at traditional yard sales.
2. Arrange to clothe
Different forms of clothing have distinct purposes and different meanings. The seasons, people, pieces, materials, and pieces can all be used to sort items. Sorting by season is the most effective technique to prevent clutter from accumulating after the move because this clothing often goes towards the back of the closet and is put away anyhow.
Sorting by parts is easy since it improves the organising of the closet after the move. Along with other stuff, you’ll have dresses, pants, and shirts altogether. But don’t forget to keep each person’s possessions apart. To make unpacking easier for everyone, sort each closet independently, label and identify each box and bag, and then arrange everything.
3. Give used clothing and accessories
Your closet has to be organised right away. The first step is to deliver all of the gently worn clothing, shoes, and accessories in your donation pile to the closest orphanage. Parking your car is difficult because of the big pile. Many of these businesses also provide pick-up services for free. When giving household products, just make sure you have a tax-deductible receipt from the charity.
4. Sell recent or fashionable items from your closet
Do you want to sell any of your clothing to make some additional cash? Consider selling them online, at a yard sale, or a consignment shop. Poshmark, Mercari, eBay, and Craigslist are a few websites providing marketplaces for secondhand clothing. Another great approach to selling your gently worn clothing and home items is to host a yard sale.
To organise a yard sale in your neighbourhood, use this checklist. Another choice for selling your used clothes is via consignment shops in your area. Everything related to selling an item, including pricing and marketing, is handled by consignment shops. But keep in mind that they too receive a portion of the funds.
5. The best method for moving hanging garments
Move as many hangers as you can, if possible. The easiest technique to move wrinkle-free clothing is in this way. In their closets, the majority of people will have at least one rack of hanging clothes, which may comprise everything from dresses and blouses to collared shirts and dress slacks. To effectively transport hanging clothing, select a professional Movers Markham Company.
- Boxes made of cardboard: These bins will be filled with folded clothing. They are thankfully accessible practically everywhere. Whether from large box retailers, online marketplaces, or local recycling centres, cardboard boxes are widely available.
- Utilize a closet box: Wardrobe boxes are specifically designed for moving hanging objects, albeit being more expensive than other solutions. They come with a hanger bar that makes it simple to hang any type of clothing inside.
- Make use of drawstring trash bags: Possibly the most basic and affordable method of moving hanging things. Holding onto the hangers, place your clothing inside a large drawstring garbage bag, and then tie the drawstrings around the hanger hooks. Another method involves making a tiny hole at the bag’s bottom, slipping the hanger hooks through it, and then securing them with a string or rubber band.
- Suitcases: It’s a great, affordable solution to take folded clothing, shoes, and other items in luggage. It is highly recommended that you use your current suitcases for your upcoming move.
- Use cloth bags: Use garment bags to keep delicate goods clean and undamaged during the relocation. You may simply find garment bags online or at a nearby dry cleaner.
Tips for Shoe Storage
- Putting your shoes in a duffel bag and moving them this way can be attractive. Shoes, however, are susceptible to breakage and deformation while in transit. You can avoid a lot of trouble later on by doing a little preparation work now and properly packing your shoes.
- To maintain its shape, stuff each shoe with packing paper, stockings, or washcloths. To prevent nicks and damage, wrap them in packing paper. A small or medium-sized box should do, depending on how many pairs of shoes you have.
- Transporting shoes in hard shell bags is another way to move them. The bag’s sturdy construction safeguards the shoes while also reducing freight costs.
Direct orders for moving boxes and packing supplies should be made through moving companies. They have partnered with several providers to assist you to save time and money when acquiring your packaging supplies. Would hiring pros to handle the packing and relocation be preferable? The good news is that thanks to their extensive network of reliable and experienced movers, selecting the ideal moving company for the job is made straightforward. By choosing them, you can be sure that your wardrobe’s valuables and clothing will be in good hands.